Skip to main content

Translate

Expert photographer Requires Lovely Images of His Younger Son

Who doesn't keep in thoughts wearily looking under their bed for monsters? Dutch photographer Adrian Sommeling catches the appeal of child decades by developing photomanipulations that function his young son. As he informed Digital cameras Per month :
"Kids are my biggest inspiration and whenever I see my son I remember my own childhood. I want to tell stories and photography opens your eyes to so much."
With almost 9,000 lovers on Facebook, he's obtained quite a following, despite the point that he's only been a photographer for the last two decades. Sommeling recognizes his photos as photorealistic artwork and considers in thoroughly considering through an concept before even choosing up a photographic camera. On his Facebook web page, you'll discover some great"making of" video clips that explain to you the procedure he goes through to make just one picture. He's also set out his six actions in his About area.

''Step 1: If I have an idea I first draw it a bit on paper or let it boil in my head for a few days. Everywhere I go I look around me to see if there is the background that I need and is the light okay that I have in my mind.'' 
''Step 2: If I found the background that I need I go there with my camera when the sun is shining. Often I like a little bit low sunlight for more dramatic shadows. I hardly ever take multiple photos with multiple shutterspeeds for HDR photos. My camera doesn't has auto bracketing and I am to lazy to put the camera on a tripod. I like the freedom of shooting without it ;). Maybe needless to say, but always shoot in RAW.''
''Step 3: Now I have the background I will need the models for the foreground. I lighten the models with three speedlights through umbrella. I place the lights in a way that is almost simular with the light comming from the background photo.''
 ''Step 4: When I shot all the photos needed for the image I open them in Camera Raw. I often pull all sliders to the edge left and right to get a HDR look. When I am happy with the result I open the photo in photoshop and cut it out. I do that with all photos except for the background. The background image is also my background were I start with in the post process. I copy and paste all images in a new layer and drag them to the right position. Now I gonna play with the dodge and burn tools to add more or less light to the scene. I don't do that on the layer with the image that I want to improve, but create a layer above the layer that I want to edit. I fill that layer with 50% gray and put the blending mode of that layer on soft light. Now I paint on this layer with the dodge and burn tools till I am satisfied with the result. Some times I also use a colored brush to add some more light to the scene. I do this in a blank layer and play a bit with the blending modes.''
 ''Step 5: When I am ready I merge all layers and duplicate that layer. I use the filter high pass on that layer and put the layer on blending mode 'vivid light'. This gives a sharp look.''
''Step 6: Sometimes to give the photo a bit more HDR look I open it again in Camera Raw (open as...) and play with the sliders''

Adrian Sommeling Father Son Photography





















Popular posts from this blog

Witley Park’s Underwater Ballroom

Between Godalming and Haslemere, in Surrey, near the English village of Witley, once stood one of the most lavish private residences in the world —the Witley Park. Originally called Lea Park, it belonged to a man named Whitaker Wright who made his fortune by defrauding shareholders of hundreds of million pounds —not once, but twice in two different continents. At the peak of his financial crimes, Wright bought the vast 1,400-acre Victorian estate from the 15th Earl of Derby and built an extravagant 32-bedroom mansion, among other things like a racecourse, a theater and a private hospital.

11 Foot 8 Inches: The Infamous ‘Can Opener’ Bridge

At 11 foot 8 inches, the Norfolk Southern–Gregson Street Overpass, located in Durham, North Carolina, United States, is a bit too short. The federal government recommends that bridges on public roads should have a clearance of at least 14 feet. But when this railroad trestle was built in the 1940s, there were no standards for minimum clearance. As a result, trucks would frequently hit the bridge and get its roof scrapped off.

WORLD PREMIERE FOR ALL-NEW KIA CEE'D AT GENEVA

- Second-generation of Kia's best-selling style in Europe - Unveiled at Geneva in five-door hatchback and SW bodystyles - Variety functions new 135 ps GDI petrol and 128 ps CRDi diesel-powered engines - Enhanced petrol intake and CO2 pollutants from just 97 g/km - Available with a new Kia-developed Dual-Clutch Transmission - Developed, designed and produced only in Europe Making its international premiere at the 2012 Geneva Worldwide Powerplant Display is the all-new Kia cee'd. More innovative, more effective, more enhanced and with a more interesting generating encounter than its forerunner, new cee'd is predicted to develop on the achievements of the unique style, further developing Kia as one of the best vehicle manufacturers in Western countries. Launched in 2007, the unique cee'd was a milestone and game-changing style for Kia. Developed, designed and designed in Western countries, cee'd was the first style to determine Kia as a serious co